Sunday, April 27, 2014

Weekend Notes

The hubby and I had such a lovely weekend I just had to jot down a few notes!

The celebratory tone began Friday afternoon.  Michael finished up an extremely important interview and headed over to my "work".  The dad of the little munchkin I look after was home and possibly as anxious as I was to see Michael.  Have I mentioned how much I love this family?  I may have the worlds best job...they rock.  After chatting about the interview we all had wine and gin and tonics in the yard while more and more neighbors stopped by to join in.  He did an awesome job helping Michael relax, seriously he is the best.

 
Saturday morning we started our day by grabbing the best breakfast Sammie's at Laurel Market to enjoy by the mint museum.  The morning was incredibly gorgeous and the setting was beautiful.  We then went to pick out our family stationary at Paper Twist (to cover the paper portion of the first anniversary gifts since we certainly got each other non paper gifts).  I am so excited about the beautiful stationary we chose!  I'll be sure to post further about it once it's picked up!!

We spent the day relaxing, hanging by the pool, shopping a bit and enjoying some wine.  That evening we headed out to The Fig Tree in uptown Charlotte (after the family I work for told us it was in their top three favorite resteraunts).  Oh my lord it was incredible!

                   (The carpaccio)

      (Such a delicious bottle of vino)

              (My dinner: trout piccata)

    (Michael's dinner: halibut and lobster)

      (Absolutely amazing creme brûlée)

The meal was the best meal I think I've had since my trip to Italy back in 2009.  The attention to detail and each individual flavor was just incredible!  Truly it made for a great evening and a great memorable anniversary meal.  I'm so pleased with how we spent our day down to going through our "wedding box" when we returned home.  I'm
Just so amazed year one flew by so quickly!  I am truly blessed!

Happy Weekend Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs