Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thoughts for Thursday: Unique Jewelry

One trend that has stumped me for the past couple of years has been statement jewelry.  For years I wore pearl stud earrings and a tiffany heart necklace (I've since grown out of hearts thankfully).  Suddenly though I noticed women were mixing it up and my look wasn't all that in.  Big bubble necklaces and tortoise shell and chunky pearl strands.  They looked great, but on me they just felt odd... I tried with earrings a bit, and learned that my little ears can only handle gold posts.  This was painful to learn (like, literally!) and means I wear pearl studs or diamond studs and that's that.  I had almost given up until I received a delicate long necklace from stitch fix that I actually felt comfortable in... this opened the gates and had me looking at more unique and less main stream pieces that felt way more me.  You could say I've been on a style journey, from stereotypical preppy to something more transitional?  Anyway, these are some of the new jewelry items I am loving incorporating into my look!



This has to be my favorite item to date.  I've been eyeing these "Alex Holleman" necklaces (sorry she doesn't have an online store) and finally was invited to a trunk show to grab one!  She's a super stylish local charlottean (a capital shopping, myers park living attorney) who created them!  Each one is unique.  I love it.

{a quick pic I snapped to show Michael, as I have been talking about tassels to him a lot!}


These are from Ten Thousand Villages and handmade in india.  My super awesome and stylish grandmother gave them to me this past weekend.  Her sense of style and home decor is incredible.  {similar here}





If you're local, I'm sure you've seen these Lily and Laura bracelets.  I've seen them around a lot and just love them.  They are comfortable, fair trade, and each one is uniquely made by women in Nepal.  I just think they are super fun!

Thoughts for Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs