Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Weekend Recap: Celebrations and Baptisms!

This past weekend was a pretty eventful one...the hubs found out that he got the job of his dreams!  He has worked his tail off to get it and I couldn't be more proud.  He is officially an investment banker and though he will be working crazy hours for the next few years, his dream has come true!!

So, he and I had a lovely weekend together celebrating.  Friday night we headed out to a resteraunt we had been waiting to try for the occasion: Barringtons.  For locals, this spot is located off fairview road tucked away in a small shopping center.  It has maybe 20 tables and is incredibly cozy.

 Her is the happy hubbers!  He enjoyed the cornbread stuffed quail--yummy!

The mussles were absolutely incredible as an app.  I could've eaten them all by myself!  We also enjoyed the corn soup which our friends told us we had to have!!  My halibut was also delicious.  It was a great evening spent basking in the glow of his major accomplishment!!

Sunday, we had the honor of attending the baptism of the sweet girl I nanny.  Such a precious moment and she was a riot during the ceremony!  That little girl looooves attention!  Afterwards there was a super fun party that somehow ended in arm wrestling matches--ha!

I'm kicking myself for the lack of photos but just check out what we got her.  

   {Baby pearls.  I die.}

2 comments:

  1. being local in charlotte, i've never heard of this place! those mussels look yummy! try out 300 east too - it's amazing. love the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hadn't either! Our foodie friends told us about it! Its in the shopping center with brixx pizza fyi kind of tucked away in the middle! I've heard 300 east is great! Will have to go!

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs