Friday, August 29, 2014

Oh Hey Friday: Road Trip Essentials

This weekend I'm embarking on a little getaway with my girlfriend Hannah (who is getting married soon!) to her friend's beach house on Tybee Island Georgia!  I'm pretty excited because I've never been to this particular island, and I haven't been to the beach all summer!  However, I was thinking about the long drive (5 hours is LONG to me) and wanted to share some of my road trippin' essentials this Friday!



{ONE} Fun TUNES!
I don't know if it's just me, but music seriously helps the time go by in the car!  Especially old school music.  Often when Michael and I are traveling we like to throw it back to our high school days and jam out to classic gems from ludacris and some other fabulous artists from that time.  If you know Michael now, you can appreciate how hilarious it is that he knows all the words to songs like "Blueberry Yum Yum".  He is full of surprises, that one.

{TWO} Booze (if you're not the driver)
Now this works best if you are definitely not driving, and if the trip is under four hours (due to poddy breaks).  There is something exhilerating about drinking a little vino out of a cup on the road.  I feel like such a bamf.  It will certainly set the tone for the weekend...

{THREE} Surprise Snacks!
My husband recently drove to Canada and back (talk about a drive I would never do) and practically cried when he realized that our friend's mom had packed homemade rice crispy treats.  It's the little things right?  I personally know I will be quite thankful for my luna bar if we get stuck in traffic or refuse to stop and drive straight through.  Avoiding hunger meltdowns is key with me.

{FOUR} Easy Access to Essentials
I like to make sure when I'm traveling that I've got all the things I need to be comfortable:
IB Profin
Lip Balm
Hand Lotion
Sunglasses
Hand Sanitizer (gas stations, yuck)
Water Bottle

{FIVE} A Sense of Humor!
Personally, I love to laugh.  It's basically one of my absolute favorite things!  I particularly like people who make me life as life is just to short.  A friend of mine frequently sends me amazing topical hashtags.  People might think we are crazy but I love it!  So if I'm traveling I'm going to try and keep it light hearted.  Sometimes I even look up jokes to share!  Nothing makes time fly like laughter.

Any tips you've learned on road trips you've taken?  I'm just hoping that we don't get stuck in the labor day traffic... But look forward to sharing a weekend recap when I get back!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs