Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Midweek Muse: On Being a Nanny



One thing I really aim to do in my venture into the world of blogging is to be real.  Truly, I want to be my real self and talk about real things, not just fluff.  I also aim to bring some substance and perhaps share good/interesting information.  With this thought in mind, I want to began to share things I have learned as a nanny.  I know I've mentioned it before without going into much detail.  However, a lot of what I have learned in the last six months especially has been essential in preparing me to be (hopefully) a mother, and I felt like sharing!

Let me start by saying that being a nanny has been one of the great joys of my life.  While certainly not for everyone, I have loved the children I've been with, with my whole heart.  Sometimes so much that I feel my heart might burst.  It makes me wonder how intensely I will feel for my own child someday.  I started out as a nanny right after graduating and loved those two kiddos like nobody's business!  We had some of the BEST times together and it was a joy.  I missed them terribly during my years at Bank of America, and eventually realized that I would never be happy in the corporate world.  I'm glad however that I had the opportunity to experience banking.  It gave me an understanding for the hubs and friends jobs that I otherwise would not of had.

However, a little over a year ago Michael reminded me once again how happy I had been before corporate america and asked me to consider going back to the world of nannying.  I hesitated for a while, but eventually reached out to Courtney, the mother I had nannied for (who is one of my best friends still) who sent out my contact information and that very day I got a call from the family I am currently with!  We met for lunch the next day and the deal was sealed.  She hadn't even had her munchkin so I knew I'd have some time to wait and was willing.  We had the two of them (Jill and Chris) over for dinner before the munchkin arrived and realized quickly that these guys would be some great friends for us.  Truly, I don't know what I'd do without them, they've been so kind and helpful and inspiring to us!

Anyway, long story short.  I feel blessed beyond measure to get to spend my day with a super cute munchkin who smiles, laughs, babbles, and makes your day when she claps!  She has taught me a lot about what really matters in life, as well as useful information about kiddos!


I mean just look at that happy girl?  She is truly the happiest little girl I've ever met!  I'll be posting soon on a few munchkin topics (such as homemade baby food!) so stay tuned!


Pampers & Pearls



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs