Monday, August 25, 2014

Mingle Monday + Lush Loves


MingleMondayBIG.png

Linking up with Life of Meg for Mingle Monday!



Happy Monday Friends!  I hope you had a lovely and relaxing weekend.  We definitely did, I got my hairs did on saturday, ran errands, had a boozy lunch at Dean and Deluca with the hubs and a lovely dinner at our friends saturday night (my first ever low country boil!)  Yesterday was even more low key--perfect.  I did of course make it  to LUSH again and figured I'd share some of my favorite items for any lush newbies.  Charlotteans you need to go check it out ASAP!  You'll be addicted.




Lush Loves


{ONE} Emotional Brilliance Transulant Powder is a new find for me.  I picked up a sample of this powder over the weekend to go with my Light Pink colour supplement (the lush version of foundation).  I was extremely surprised at how well this set my foundation and how natural my skin looked with it on.  Better yet, I couldn't feel that I had make up which to me is essential.

{TWO} A Personal LUSH fave is the solid shampoo bars.  This may sound like a very strange concept to you but I assure you, they work super well and are GREAT for traveling.  You simply rub the shampoo bar on wet hair and it lathers up nicely!  My two faves are seahnik and Godiva.  Seahnik is what I prefer in the summer when my hair is a little more oily.  It's got sea salt and sea weed in it!  Moisturizing while getting my hair good and clean.  Godiva is a two in one shampoo/conditioner and is great when you need extra moisture in the winter.  The bars last me about a month and I have a LOT of hair.

{THREE} For when my skin feels like acting like a teenager, Grease Lightening is great at clearing up a blemish in a few days.  It also doesn't dry out my skin like some acne medications tend to do.

{FOUR} Imperialis is an awesome moisturizer that makes your skin feel lovely.  The scent is light and pleasant.  It pairs really well with a few of their toners.

{FIVE} 9 to 5 is the only liquid cleanser LUSH makes.  It's very light and can be used as a makeup remover or an all over cleanser.   It doesn't suds up, which is beneficial as sometimes the frothy facewashes can be drying.

{SIX} Whip Stick another discovery since the store opened is this amazing lip balm.  Previously I had ordered the honey trap balm which is nice but nothing compared to this guy!  It smells deliciously of chocolate and orange and makes my lips feel incredibly soft and smooth but not at all sticky.  I am absolutely in love with it!

{SEVEN} Vanillary is a LUSH perfume that I cannot get enough of!  The solid perfume is great for on the go to freshen up!

{EIGHT} Aqua Mirabillis is another LUSH invention.  A solid body butter.  You use this last in the shower and it exfoliates and moisturizers your skin.  If possible let yourself airdry after a quick rinse and you won't even need to moisturize!

{NINE} LUSH facemasks are so fresh you can only buy them in the stores.  They need to be refrigerated and only last two weeks!!  I tried this one, called catastrophe cosmetic that is a blend of blueberry and calomine and my skin is loving it.  The pot has already given me four masks!

{TEN} No Drought is by far the best dry shampoo I have tried (and I have tried MANY!)  It's a bit messy since it's a powder but it really works well and is very reasonably priced in my opinion!

{ELEVEN} Another fun product are the LUSH massage bars.  Use them for a massage or, as a moisturizer.  They melt due to body heat!  I love the scent of Tender Is The Night.




Hope you enjoyed my list!  Any LUSH products you're in love with?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs