Thursday, July 17, 2014

Thoughts For Thursday: Dreaming of White Houses

Today I thought I would try my hand at the thoughts for Thursday link up from East Coast Chic & Home of the Malones.


So, lately the hubs and I have been seriously zillow stalking and crushing on houses.  We currently own a cozy town home that we have enjoyed a lot, but going into it, we knew we would ideally be at this house for 2-4 years.  Well, we hit the two year mark in May and I began to get a little bit antsy.

One of the best pieces of advice I've received was from a friend who told me to be very cautious buying anything for the house that we didn't truly need.  He told me I would be shocked by how much my style and taste would change.  Turns out, he was actually right and I'm glad I listened.

Now that we are looking at houses, we are looking in totally different neighborhoods and are really drawn to certain homes with a lot of white and gray!  Now, I don't mind a bit of painting and updating, but we stumbled on some new construction homes that were flawless.  White white white!  With gray accents and dark wood floor in EVERY room (I hate carpet deeply).  We are obsessed and are thankful to have a vision of what we truly love now that we are older...hopefully this time next year we will be in the middle or the hunt!

For now...some inspiring photos...

(I love the pops of color!  I want to do all neutrals with a few fun and unexpected pops)


Goodness I just LOVE this asthetic!  I get more into modern by the day!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up with us this week and I'm loving your kitchen inspiration! Good luck with the start of house hunting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All white is SO chic and what I dream of. Good luck house hunting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I seriously am addicted to white these days! And thank you! I can't wait to finally start the process!!

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs