Wednesday, July 29, 2015

33-34 Weeks Bumpdate



The last two weeks have been pretty jam packed in the best way possible.  We had our baby shower on July 18th, thrown by our best friends and it couldn't of been more perfect!  All the details were so incredibly thoughtful and adorable.  Michael especially adored the diaper golf bag!  William now officially has his first clubs.  Our friends truly overwhelmed us with their generosity and we received most everything we needed for our little man.  It's pretty amazing to see his room and closet so filled up now.

{A few of the adorable shower details}
{Such an incredibly fun time!}

William and I also had a grand time babysitting miss Madison, his future girlfriend, and testing out his room!  It was so much fun to enjoy having a baby in our house, and I loved getting to spend some quality time with this wonderful little one.  She is such a dream, and I certainly hope we have as happy of a baby as Lauren and Evan have been blessed with!  I cannot wait to see her and William together, I have a feeling she'll have him wrapped around her little finger in no time.


We've also enjoy a lot of family time together, staying cool at my in laws awesome saltwater pool, touring the hospital {!!!}, attending our prepared childbirth classes, and enjoying yummy dinners out together.  We are doing our best to soak up the last few weeks as just the two of us (or three really counting our fur baby).  We've also been getting William's room ready to go and I'm excited to say it's almost done!  This past weekend we finally hung some truly lovely curtains, and they add so much to the space.  We splurged at pottery barn kids on them, but they darken the room SO well, and we love the pattern.  Truth be told, Michael picked them and I wasn't sure about adding a pattern, but they look awesome and I will share photos of the room very soon!


How Far Along? 34 weeks and 2 days (just to be exact)

Size of Baby: A butternut squash, 20 inches long and as of yesterdays scan, 5 lbs 4oz!

Gender: William Baker Mazhari!

Weight Gain:  Holding steady around 35 pounds for now.

Maternity Clothes: Haha.  This morning I threw a top on without really paying attention on my way out the door to work only to realize that a slice of belly was showing.  This is a maternity shirt I should mention... I just continue to pack away what no longer fits and my selection shrinks but I don't care all that much.  The end is in sight and I can't wait to fit into my normal clothes again!

Nursery:  Picking up our rocker this weekend and hanging artwork!  His closet and dresser are all organized and ready to go, and my diaper bag is packed for him for the hospital!

Movement:  Constantly, and at times it can be a bit uncomfortable!  Last night during our childbirth class michael was fascinated by my extremely lopsided belly since Wills was sticking out his butt on the right side and wiggling it.  He started pressing on him and Wills would push back!  I love feeling his little foot sticking out as well.  he has such a little personality.

Symptoms:  Heartburn, lower back pain, walking slowly, extremely emotional... this week I cried because I wanted french toast.  I wish I was joking about this.  Michael takes it in stride and seems to find it enduring.  I feel like I am losing my mind.

Belly Button in or out?  Kind of beginning to stick out?  It feels so strange!

Wedding Rings on or off?  Off... temporary plain band is helping me avoid feeling like an unwed mother and is kind of refreshing as I don't need to really worry about it too much!

Sleep: Whats that?  Just kidding...kind of.  I wake up 2+ times a night now and usually awake with intense pelvic pain.

Cravings:  Fresh peaches, peach milkshakes, chocolate chip cookies, french toast... all the healthy things clearly.

What I Miss:  Being a cute little pregnant person.  I miss the "awww you look so cute!" comments that have been replaced with "gosh, how much longer do you have?" or "I know you are SO ready!"

Best Moment This Week: I really enjoyed our hospital tour.  It made it so real, and gave me butterflies to think that next time we will be there will be to meet William!

Looking forward to: Picking up our rocker this weekend and visiting with Michaels uncles who made it (they own an upholstery company). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs