Tuesday, June 2, 2015

26 week bumpdate

How Far Along? 26 weeks

Size of Baby: A head of lettuce!!  (13.6-14.8 inches and 1.5-2.5 pounds)

Gender: A little man!  William Baker Mazhari!

Weight Gain: Up one pound from last week.  A grand total of 23 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Oh yes, although the dress above is non-maternity.  My friend Lauren gave me a bag of maternity clothes now that her little one is here--hallelujah!  She greatly enhanced my casual dress and flowey top collection.  I tried on a great pair of white maternity jeans yesterday at Target but couldnt pull the trigger... I think it may be too hot for them now...

Nursery: Our changing table arrived thursday and Michael promptly set that up.  All it needs are a few cute baskets for storage!  My grandmother also generously sent a check for our car seat, so that should be arriving any day now!

Movement:  When is he not moving?!  Sunday evening at a young adult cookout for our new church (we love it!) Michael had to stop mid conversation with someone to point at my very lopsided belly and ask "Is that William right THERE?!" he was wiggling a bit in his favorite spot and I guess it was very obvious in my fitted t-shirt dress!

Symptoms: Heartburn, occasional braxton hicks, feeling hotter than everyone around me, feet that swell in my beloved jack rogers if I'm standing around outside in the heat.

Sleep: Sleeping very well, with a nightly tinkle break around 3am or so. 

Cravings:  Icecream, yogurt, pimento cheese and crackers.

What I Miss:  Not much at this point honestly.  Ive begun to feel comfortable allowing myself a small splash of wine here and there with a meal and its amazing how much I savor the few sips I allow myself.  When I can actually have a glass or two of wine I don't know what I will do!

Best Moment This Week:  Saturday I enjoyed a good chunk of time at our pool and thoroughly enjoyed meeting and chatting with some new neighbors.  It just felt so good to be in the water!  Too bad I got a bit burnt... #palepeopleproblems

Looking Forward To: My glucose test is thursday... I'm more dreading it but also want to just get it over with!  At the cookout Sunday, a girl who was 38 weeks revealed she did indeed have gestational diabetes.  She failed so miserably at the first test that she wasn't even allowed to try the three hour.  Talking with her about it prepared me more in case I do end up having it.  Also, our baby shower invite came in the mail and I absolutely cannot wait to celebrate little William on July 18th!!

A couple of cute moments... here is my little guardian puppy.  She is so in tune with me these days it just melts me.  She won't leave my side and is so protective!  Here she is waiting for me to finish my shower...


And friday night (date night) at our fave little italian spot the waiter was adorable and brought two forks for me.  We were just so tickled!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs