Tuesday, June 23, 2015

29 Weeks Bumpdate

 Now that I'm officially in the third trimester it's hard to believe how soon our son will be here.  Amidst pregnancy discomfort and anxiety I find myself so overwhelmingly excited I get butterfies.  Sometimes it's the smallest things, seeing a woman babywearing a little one and thinking I get to do that soon!  Or seeing a little boy playing.  Whatever it is, every day I am reminded of how blessed I am.  This is the greatest gift I can ever imagine, I get to participate in God's creation of life, it is miraculous and incredible and I can't believe this girl with the huge baby bump in the mirror is me.



How Far Along? 29 weeks

Size of Baby: A cabbage, 17 inches and since he is big I am estimating 3.5 pounds.

Gender:  A dapper young man!  William Baker Mazhari!

Weight Gain:  A whopping 30 pounds...

Maternity Clothes: All the time.  Really thankful that my mom and grandma decided to do some damage at gap and target to send me some third trimester outfits and two cute dresses.  I especially appreciate the under the bump style shorts they picked up at target.  The over the bump band can be pretty uncomfy when it hits 100 degrees.  It's all about comfort these days and sizing up for some extra room.

Nursery: Michael retouched the paint, we have the crib, dresser, and changing table.  Have been trying out different baskets for the changing table and are working on the decor!  Can't wait for our glider to arrive hopefully in July.

Movement:  Tons!  I did my first kick count the other day and had to laugh... it took less than 5 minutes to count 10 kicks.  I've even managed to video tape the crazy whole belly moving!  He also appears to be head down since I do feel some rib pain at times.

Symptoms: Just constantly feeling pregnant now.  Simple tasks are more challenging, I am always taking trips to the bathroom, my energy level isn't as high, and of course the heartburn.  Braxton hicks normally a few times a day.

Belly Button in or out?  At this point it's pretty much flat.

Wedding Rings on or off?  On, but when I get really hot I need to pry them off.

Sleep: Definitely in the third trimester now... sleep is hit or miss.  Waking up every night at least once and sometimes it's hard to fall back asleep. 

Cravings:  Pimento cheese and crackers, trader joes almond biscotti, grilled asparagus.

What I Miss:  A nice glass of pinot noir or rose... the ease of a deli sandwich.

Best Moment This Week:  I loved celebrating fathers day this year with my baby daddy!  William surprised Michael with his first fathers day gift and it was so cute seeing how excited he was.  We then enjoyed a wonderful church service and lunch and pool time at my in laws.  We all had a really wonderful day together.


Looking Forward To: Can't wait for the 4th of July spent in Wilmington with Michael's family, and our baby shower is fast approaching and I can't stop thinking about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs