Friday, October 24, 2014

Five on Friday! Happy Edition

Happy Friday folks!  I apologize for the lack of posting, lately I've not been in the best spot physically and a bit mentally as well.  Does that ever happen to you?  I've been in a bit of a funk, it's allergy season and I think I've been lacking patience in life.  However, today I feel so much better!  I wanted to focus on some of the happy things from my past week since today I'm feeling especially appreciative of them.

{ONE} Good Food On Montford




This past week my boss (and dear friend) insisted on Michael and I trying this local restaurant and we were beyond impressed.  Good Food is another restaurant from Bruce Moffet (we also love Barringtons, and Stagioni also by him).  The mussels and pom frites were AMAZING, omg the sauce was the most delicious thing we've ever tasted... The pork carnitas, the steamed bun, the korean BBQ...holy moley!  Did I mention it's tapas style?  Also the brownie and PB&J bread pudding were off the chain.  If you haven't been there, seriously go.  Be warned, on a monday night we had to wait 40 minutes and they don't take reservations, seriously worth it though.

{TWO} Nightly tea time

The hubs and I love to go to sleep unwinding with a nice cup of chamomile tea.  I love the chats we have during this time, such a sweet calming ritual.

{THREE} Da Munch!

Oh my goodness, this girl's fall fashion choices are off the chain!  The sweater shawl is from osh kosh! I wish they made one big enough for me!  

{FOUR} Girls night!

Hannah invited me to a play with her last night in uptown charlotte and we had a great time!  It was so fun to do something unexpected, and just us girls.  

{FIVE} The mountains this weekend!

I'm excited to head up to the mountains with Michael and Piper to celebrate my mom's birthday and to just unwind.  I'm ready to sit outside, open up a good bottle of Pinot and just relax!  There's something so comforting about getting away from our very URBAN lifestyle and I just love it.  Plus, it's the perfect weather to sip on some apple cider and go hiking!

Have an awesome weekend peeps!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs