Sunday, June 22, 2014

Chicken Broccoli Quinoa Bake


For an easy healthy meal sometimes a casserole is the way to go.  I've seen more complicated versions of this on Pinterest and decided I would simplify and make it my way.  The result was yummy!

You will need:
1 lb chicken
1 cup quinoa
2 cups broccoli 
1 1/2 cup cream of chicken 
Spices 
1/2 cup cheese (I used chedder)



The way I decided to do this was to bake the chicken first.  I marinaded it in milk and ranch with some salt and paprika.  Baked at 450 for 30 mins and it just fell apart.

I also cooked the quinoa as the instructions said, then mixed in home made cream of chicken (this is delightfully easy to make: chicken broth, milk, and flour heated up and blended).  Then I mixed in the chicken, and cooked broccoli.  Spread in a dish and topped with a bit of chedder I baked at 350 for 25 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs